Tuesday 1 May 2012

And then he blogged....

So if you read my next post it explains a little about me losing my first post. I did draft something and hear it is below, not the whole post but it is most of it. "Blogging……….. (thinks for about five minutes) It’s a persons perception of what is happening around them. It’s like a diary that you share with the world. You don’t actually say “I got up today and took shower….”, that’s tweeting, but you do try and keep a log of events. Being a football fan the blogs I tend to read are about football, I’m also a fan of American Football and I’m a fan of the Miami Dolphins (waits for laughter to stop). This may appear funny to you who know their Gridiron but at the end of the day you all know that you would love your team to have gone undefeated throughout the season. Every year when a team reaches 10-0 the old footage of the no name defence is shown, along with footage of Don Shula and the rest of the characters of Miami Dolphins folklore. The Blog I read is entitled PhinPhanatic! Good work on the lettering there. It’s a collection of writers, reporting mainly but also giving their opinions on events ongoing within the team and around the club of the Miami Dolphins. This works perfectly for me. It gives a nice little dosage every now and then giving me an update on goings on and then an opinion about it. It’s not too much and not too little. It’s Goldilocks! Before I discovered this blog my knowledge on the Miami Dolphins and American Football as a whole was rather limited, I watched pretty much every game I could, that’s any game being shown on Sky Sports, I’ve attended four out of a possible five NFL Wembley games and been to see the Dolphins once in a home game in Miami against the Patriots, we lost badly! It was actually while in Miami that I started following the blog. I was recently an owner of an iPad and I was looking for apps to download that covered my interests, there are millions out there! NFL apps would have fallen into this category and so the Miami Dolphins PhinPhanatic blog app would have been downloaded. At first I just used to get the occasional notification about the latest edition to the blog. I read it occasionally but my thirst for more and more never seemed quenched and eventually I was finding that I would refresh the app just to see if I could get more info. There is an occasional lull in my interest. At one point I had thirty three unread blog entries, I read most of them eventually. At times I want more and at other times I want less, generally on average it works out fine and if I find that I do want more info, which is often the case, then I can go to other sites. My point is that blogging is about making observations about your surroundings on a particular subject and sharing them with the world. Kind of like journalism without the hacking!"

No comments:

Post a Comment